To Upload or Promote your song/video with us CLICK the WhatsApp Button below;
Good morning and indeed, a very Happy Sunday! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign as birthday gift to Nigerians.
In a congratulatory message, the PDP chieftain described Buhari, who clocked 75 today as a disaster, insisting that he resigns for the good of Nigerians.
2. The Spiritual Director, Adoration Ministry, Enugu Nigeria, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, has disowned media reports, which quoted him as saying that former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is a most credible presidential candidate for the 2019 election.
The fiery priest said the originators of the report were out to cause mischief.
3. The United States Government has explained why it has been silent over an allegation by a former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, that President Muhammadu Buhari was barred from entering the US for 15 years.
Nick Sadoski, an official of the Department of State, the American Government also said it would also not discuss the reasons Atiku was being denied entry into the US.
4. Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu has said that the fear of restructuring has led to the ‘desperate search’ for oil in the Lake Chad, Sokoto and River Benue basins.
He pointed out that oil revenue would soon lose its relevance as electric cars take over from petrol- and diesel- powered vehicles.
5. Former Abia State governor, Orji Uzor Kalu has admitted that things are very difficult under the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Kalu, however, stated that it was normal since President Buhari is slowly taking Nigerians to the Promised Land.
6. The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu on Saturday in Ibadan declared the death of opposition parties in Oyo State.
According to him, with the massive defection into the APC, it has finished opposition parties in Oyo State.
7. A former governor of Oyo State, Adebayo Alao-Akala, Teslim Folarin, and others have said they joined the All Progressives Congress, APC, because the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was dead.
According to Alao-Akala who spoke on behalf of others, “There is dynamism in politics. Today, we are in APC for real and will abide by the party rules.”
8. Five young men have been allegedly killed in a renewed cult war in Calabar South local government area of Cross River State.
Among the deceased are a-200 Level student from the University of Calabar, (UNICAL) and a graduate of the Cross River University of Technology, (CRUTECH).
9. The Onitsha drug market, otherwise known as Bridge Head Market was in the early hours of Saturday gutted by fire, leaving goods worth millions of naira destroyed in the inferno.
Sources said the fire incident started at about 6am on Saturday from Redemption Line of the market but the quick intervention of men of the Fire Service from Onitsha Main market and Building Materials Market Ogidi prevented the fire from spilling over to other parts of the market.
10. Nigerian veteran reggae music maestro, Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly known as ‘Majek Fashek’, has declared that if given the chance to be Nigeria’s President, he’ll do better than President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Send Down the Rain’ crooner, boldly condemned Buhari’s government, boasting that he would be a better president come 2019 when he vies for the presidential seat.